If you are wondering which place to visit next while planning for USA tour packages, then undoubtedly it has to be Minnesota. Minnesota offers amazing vacation options for people who love to explore and travel. This place is blessed with amazing and beautiful lakes as well as four seasons. People from all across the globe and even locals plan their Minnesota vacation separately to be surrounded by nature and feel the serene vibes around the year.
However, when it comes to accommodation, things can get a little tricky. But there is nothing to fret about as there are an ample number of family resorts Minnesota that will contribute to a memorable trip. Also, no matter whether you are planning a simple and relaxing trip or a business trip to Minnesota or planning it around Christmas or the holiday season, this place has everything to offer, from luxury stays to simple and rustic comfortable stays.
Whatever style of travel you prefer, we have curated a list of visit-worthy best family resorts in Minnesota that will end your confusion about accommodation:
· Best Western Premier – The Lodge
If you are considering staying in one of the top family resorts Minnesota then the Best Western Premier the Lodge on Lake Detroit should be on your list. This property is situated in a 550-foot stretch of amazing shoreline along with a 4-star lakefront property. This resort has around 54 rooms where you can choose your bed preferences, and get options like mini-fridge, wet bar, patio along with amazing views of the lake. The spacious rooms also have jet tubs, fireplaces, balconies, etc. Other amenities that you can enjoy with this property in Minnesota are a private 150-foot long beach which is only meant for the guests, boat slips, fire pits to have a nice evening time, etc. You can even enjoy an indoor swimming pool as well as a full-service spa, live entertainment, dining, etc.
- It is a 4-star resort along with a private beach.
- You can get to enjoy activities like boating, full-service spa, etc.
- The property has 54 rooms with amazing amenities.
- Best Western Premier the Lodge on Lake Detroit is situated at 1200 E Shore, near Detroit Lakes.
- Madden’s on Gull Lake
Another one of the famous properties for vacation in Minnesota lakes is Madden’s on Gull Lake. This property or resort offers quality accommodation as it is a 4-star resort. It is highly popular for stand-alone cabins as well as cabins which are suitable for massive groups of families. The best thing about Madden’s is that it has four massive bedroom units which are just a foot away from the amazing Gull Lake or water. This unit is available with multiple bathrooms, a modern kitchen, a living room, a fireplace, and a lot more.
You will also get to enjoy your private dock as well as a fire pit. However, for sports lovers, the property has on-site facilities like golf courses, croquet lawns, volleyball lawns, etc. In case you are in the mood for some water fun then you can get to enjoy its outdoor and indoor swimming pools, kids wading pool along with water toys on the Gull Lake involving slides, etc. Another good thing about Madden’s is its own marinas that offer amazing motorized watercraft on rent.
- It has a mix of various rooms as well as cabins and cottages.
- Madden’s on Gull Lake is a 4-star property in Minnesota.
- You can get to enjoy various amenities like indoor and outdoor swimming pools, kids pools, sports facilities, etc.
- It is located at 11266 Pine Beach Peninsula Brainerd.
- Quarterdeck Resort
If you are looking for a Minnesota lake resort for families or couples, then Quarterdeck Resort should be your top choice. This boutique hotel-style accommodation option in Minnesota is situated on 27 acres of land on the gorgeous Gull Lake. No wonder, it is highly popular for its charm as well as comfortable accommodations. The people who stay at this property like couples often go for main lodge suites along with king beds. Whereas families go for two queen-bed options. Overall, guests will be able to enjoy its standard features like spacious bathrooms including jet tubs, fireplaces, beautiful balconies, kitchenettes, etc.
There is also an option of massive suites where you will be able to enjoy master bedrooms, pullout couches, a dining area, and a lot more. However, the focal point of Quarterdeck Resort is Gull Lake where guests can enjoy water activities like kayaking, and jet skiing available on rent, etc. There are other amenities offered by the resort like a full-service marina, gift shop, fitness centre, etc.
- Quarterdeck Resort is a romantic boutique-style accommodation on 27 acres of land.
- It has rooms for couples as well as families with various amenities.
- The resort offers standard features to the guests like fireplaces, jet tubs in rooms, balconies, etc.
- It is situated near Gull Lake which offers guests a chance to enjoy water activities.
- There is also an option of enjoying water activities around Gull Lake at Quarterdeck Resort.
- This resort is located at 9820 Birch Bay Dr SW, near Nisswa.
- Grand View Lodge
There is a different feeling when you stay in one of the attractive as well as oldest properties of a place. Grand View Lodge is considered the oldest property in Minnesota which was opened in the year 1916. Visiting this place for vacation in Minnesota lakes will leave a mark on your heart and you might end up visiting it again and again. The appealing thing about this lodge is its amenities like a full-service spa which involves the use of mineral waters, and on-site restaurant options for casual as well as dining options.
Also, the lodge offers golf courses. You can even enjoy fun activities while staying at this property such as a private beach, heated indoor swimming pool along with fun waterslide. In case you are visiting with your family and kids then there are various kid’s programs offered by Grand View Lodge. There are also meetings as well as function rooms for any kind of event. The lodge has completely equipped townhomes defining spacious as well as luxury units along with kitchens, dining space, living area, gas fireplace, terraces, etc.
- Grand View Lodge is the oldest property in Minnesota built in 1916.
- It offers amenities like a private beach, kids programs, a spring-fed spa, etc.
- The Gran View Lodge also offers an indoor swimming pool, casual as well as dining options, a private beach, etc.
- The lodge has townhome units with comfortable units as well as various amenities.
- The property has its own golf courses.
- Grand View Lodge is located at 23521 Nokomis Ave in Nisswa.
- Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts
This family of resorts is a 3-star property on Lake Superior which is one of the nicest Minnesota lake resorts for families. The magnificent lakefront setting of this resort makes it worth a visit and accommodation. No wonder, this photogenic location will make your visit your Minnesota worthy of everything. The focal point of this resort is its sizable private beach with shallow water entry along with amazing water-based activities that can be enjoyed by kids and families. Also, at the lake, you can enjoy activities like boating, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, etc.
It also has beachside fire pits to spend a nice evening. Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts also has a couple of tennis courts that are connected to a fun hiking trail network. While staying at this resort you will be able to enjoy amenities like bistro, heated indoor as well as outdoor pools, restaurant, sauna and spa, and a lot more. Their apartment units are spacious including full kitchens, living rooms, pull-out couches, as well as fireplaces, etc. Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts won’t be a disappointment while visiting Minnesota.
- Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts is a 3-star resort in Minnesota.
- This is a family-friendly resort which is best known for its location.
- The resort has a private beach which makes it a photogenic stay in Minnesota.
- It has a lakefront setting where you can enjoy water-based activities.
- Also, it has beachside fire pits for a nice evening with family.
- The resort has tennis courts which are connected to a hiking trail network.
- You can get to enjoy various amenities like indoor and outdoor swimming pool, spa, etc.
- The Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts is located at 7192 MN-61 in Tofte.
Minnesota has always been famous among travellers for its picturesque views and serene vibes. Whether people are travelling internationally or locally, skipping on Minnesota as a part of USA tour packages is a no option. But sometimes when it comes to accommodation things can get out of hand. No wonder, finding the best family resorts in Minnesota can be a daunting task but not anymore. The above-mentioned guide about the best family resorts in Minnesota will sort your travel and staycation plans. The list combines 5 to 3-star resorts that are famous for offering amazing and satisfactory amenities along with spacious and lovely rooms. No doubt staying at one of these properties will leave a mark on your heart.