No wonder New York City is considered one of the best places across the globe to spend your vacations. It has everything to offer, be it thrilling places, soothing and serene vibes, party places, and a lot more. When people hear the word New York, the first thing that comes to everybody’s mind is the high rises of Manhattan. However, that is just one corner of the state. If you are planning a vacation in New York, then it will leave so much on your plate.
There are so many cities in New York that will allow you to learn about its rich culture, history, beautiful architecture, and much more. The state boasts a wide list of amazing cities that you can explore, and each one of them is packed with exciting tourist attractions. So, no matter what you fancy, New York is going to offer it to you. To help domestic and international tourists plan a nice trip, here is a complete New York tourist guide:
· Lake Placid
It is more like a village than a city. Lake Placid is a very nice town in New York State. If you want to enjoy scenic beauty while having good food, shopping at nice small boutiques, skiing down the hills, etc., then this is the city for you. The lush forest and craggy mountains will make you forget about skyscrapers in big cities. No wonder Lake Placid will make you forget all your tensions. Also, there are many things that you can do in this city, like visiting the Olympic Jumping Complex or the Olympic Center. There are a lot of skating rinks and museums that you can explore to learn about Olympic athletes. You can even visit Mirror Lake, which looks amazing in every season.
· It offers amazing scenic views.
· Lake Placid was selected to host the Winter Olympics in 1932 and 1980.
· It has many Olympic-related things to do, like visiting the Olympic Center.
· You can also visit Mirror Lake.
Another great city to visit in New York is Ithaca. This city is best for tourists who want to enjoy a vacation filled with academia, thrills and excitement, and shopping. Ithaca has some amazing scenery to offer, as this college city is situated on the southern edge of Cayuga Lake, which is one of New York’s largest Finger Lakes. Also, this city is home to Ithaca College and Cornell University. There are a lot of things that visitors can do in Ithaca, like paddleboarding on the lake, hiking, fishing, etc. You can even visit its beautiful and amazing art galleries and museums, like the Johnson Art Museum, the Museum of Earth, the Cayuga Nature Center, etc. Or you can simply wander around the city to explore its streets.
· This college city is situated at the edge of Cayuga Lake.
· There are various outdoor activities for tourists, like hiking, fishing, etc.
· Tourists can even spend their time exploring the city’s museums, like the Johnson Art Museum, Cayuga Nature Center, etc.
The next city in the New York City guide is Rochester. Tourists or families with kids who are looking for fun can plan their New York trip with Rochester. It has an amazing 96-foot waterfall, which is one of the best in New York. There are many fun things that you can do in this city, like visiting the Strong National Museum of Play, the National Toy Hall of Fame, or the World Video Game Hall of Fame. These museums are dedicated to toys and exciting games. Rochester also has an amusement park called Seabreeze Amusement Park, or you can visit Seneca Park Zoo, the George Eastman Museum, etc. This city won’t disappoint foodies, as it has amazing restaurants with lip-smacking food.
· This city is meant for fun, especially if you are traveling with kids.
· Rochester has High Falls to enjoy the serene vibes.
· There are many museums and amusement parks to have a fun time in Rochester.
· Also, the city has amazing restaurants serving delectable food.
Syracuse is the fourth-largest city in New York and has all the amazing elements of a massive city. Whether you want to visit interesting museums, nice restaurants, or boutique shops, this city has it all. Also, Syracuse is known to be the home of the Rosamond Gifford Zoo, which is built on 43 acres of land. In this zoo, many tourist attractions keep the kids entertained. Syracuse, the best city to visit in New York, also features nice cafes, historic buildings, and shops that have been restored to bring to mind the simplicity of the old days. If you love outdoor attractions or activities, then ensure that you visit Onondaga Lake Park, Hiawatha Lake, etc. to enjoy boating, fishing, swimming, and a lot more. The best thing about Syracuse is a trip to Destiny USA, which is meant for shopaholics.
· This is the fourth-largest city in New York.
· Syracuse has everything to offer tourists: amazing museums, restaurants, boutique shops, outdoor attractions, etc.
· While in Syracuse, don’t forget to visit Destiny USA, a shopping mall and complex meant for shopaholics.
Science and technology geeks are going to fall in love with Binghamton. Even if you are touring the streets of this city, you will feel creative. Also, Binghamton is the place where IBM was born, which is the technology behind revolutionary virtual reality. This city is located where the Chenango and Susquehanna rivers meet. Also, in the mid-1800s, the famous Chenango Canal was built to join this city with Utica. Visitors can easily hike to the Townpath Trail and visit the famous self-guided museum. If you are planning your USA tour packages involving Binghamton, then don’t forget to visit Phelps Mansion Museum, Otsiningo Park, and Ross Park Zoo.
· It is a perfect city for science and technology lovers.
· Binghamton has the Chenango Canal, which connects with Utica.
· You can visit various places in this city, like the Townpath Trail, the Mansion Museum, etc.
· White Plains
The one city that can offer you everything, be it fine dining, shopping places, farmers’ markets, golf, skating, etc., has to be White Plains. This vibrant city is just 35 miles away from New York. Also, this inner suburb is known to be the cultural hub of the famous Westchester County. If you want to unleash your Picasso, then visiting ArtsWestchester should be on your list. The amazing and unique art exhibitions and performances will offer you a spectacular experience. While visiting Cranberry Lake Preserve, a 190-acre park that will allow you to get closer to nature, if you want to enjoy outdoor activities in White Plains, then visit Silver Lake Preserve or Maple Moor Golf Course.
· White Plains has everything to offer tourists.
· It is only 35 miles away from New York State.
· While in White Plains, don’t forget to visit ArtsWestchester, Cranberry Lake Preserve, Maple Moor Golf Course, etc.
You need at least two days to explore the charming town of Cooperstown. This city is home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is highly famous among baseball lovers and children. Visiting this city means catching a game at the famous Doubleday Field, which is known to be the birthplace of baseball. You can even explore the nice park to enjoy bumper boats, go-carts, and mini golf at Cooperstown Fun Park. Also, don’t forget to visit Ostego Lake if you love fishing, boating, and kayaking. The artsy vibes of the city’s shops, cafes, and restaurants will make you feel nice and touristy. Cooperstown, no wonder, is a must-visit when in New York.
· This city has a National Baseball Hall of Fame.
· Doubleday Field is famous among baseball fans.
· There are many fun activities to do in Cooperstown, like fishing, boating, bumper boats, etc.
· This relaxing city will offer a nice time in New York.
· Long Island City
This city has one of its boroughs called Queen. To reach Long Island City, you need to take the G train from Brooklyn. The main attraction of this city is Gantry Plaza State Park, where you can walk, run, enjoy coffee, or play basketball. Also, all of this can be done while enjoying the skyline of New York City and the amazing 59th Street Bridge. If you are a true art lover, then don’t skip visiting MoMA PS1, which is a smaller version of Manhattan’s MoMA. Also, visit the Sculpture Center to be inspired.
· To reach Long Island City, you need to take a train from Brooklyn or Manhattan.
· Its main attraction is Gantry Plaza State Park.
· Don’t skip visiting MoMA PS1 in Long Island City.
New York State is massive and beautiful. It has some of the best cities, which you can explore as a local or international tourist. This New York tourist guide involves some of the best cities in New York that can offer you the best tourist experience. Also, the highlights of every city will offer you clarity about each city so that you can plan your vacation in New York accordingly.