The magical time of the year is around the corner, which is Christmas. Every year, people plan for an amazing overseas trip to enjoy Christmas. The snow-filled streets, cosy sweaters, warm hot chocolate, secret Santa gifts, decorative lights, gingerbread, etc. add to the fun of celebrating Christmas. However, if you are planning a family vacation, then Christmas in California is full of surprises. No doubt, California has a reputation for endless summers. But it is also home to the tallest living Christmas tree in America. Many other things will leave you spellbound when opting for California family vacations.
But planning everything in depth can be a daunting task, especially if you are visiting California during Christmas time. So, to help you with everything, here are some top vacation spots in California that will get you into the Christmas spirit:
- Lake Tahoe
For people or travellers who love cold weather, Tahoe is the best place to add to your list of California spots. Every year in December, Lake Tahoe experiences 3 feet of deep snow. This means that in California, you can even enjoy a white Christmas.
Activities to do in Lake Tahoe
- You can go skiing at Lake Tahoe.
- At the Ritz Carlton, you can opt for gingerbread-making classes, live music, etc.
- You can join the Menorah Lighting Ceremony or visit Northstar for the Noel Lights.
There is so much to do and explore in Solvang while planning your Christmas holiday packages USA. You can explore the Danish town, which is hidden in the Santa Ynez Valley in California. Also, you can visit Julefest while in Solvang and enjoy windmills, beautiful lights, and all other winter things.
Activities to do in Solvang
- You can visit Julefest, which happens from November until January. Also, the tree lighting starts in December.
- Also, you can enjoy hunting for the Nisse of Solvang, which happens throughout the month.
- If you are with your kids, then do visit Santa’s village.
- Nevada City
This is the best town in California to visit during Christmas. Also, this is an actual Victorian city where you will be able to enjoy a lot of things during the holiday season. This area was part of the Gold Rush scene. Moreover, this downtown area is known to be registered as a National Historic Place.
Activities to do in Nevada City
- You can visit its annual Victorian Fair, which happens every Wednesday and Sunday during the December month.
- You can explore the German Christmas market.
- Yosemite National Park
If you are looking for a solo female travel California Christmas vacation spot, then Yosemite National Park should be on your list. This can be the magical escape that will make you feel good. Most people plan to visit it during the summer, but you can also visit during the winter.
Activities to do in Yosemite National Park
- You can attend the Christmas Bracebridge Dinner inside Yosemite National Park.
- Try to go for winter hiking.
It is a coastal town located in northern California. Mendocino can be the best escape during Christmas time. This can be a relaxing experience while enjoying handmade gifts, local shopping, strolling on the beach, exploring redwoods, etc.
Activities to do in Mendocino
- You can get on the Skunk Train, which departs from Fort Bragg. It offers the experience of redwood groves.
- Also, don’t forget to explore Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens and its festival of lights.
When talking about California vacation tours during Christmas, how can we skip Disneyland? This place will revive all your childhood memories. During Christmas, this place is full of seasonal vibes. However, while visiting Disneyland during this time of the year, reservations are necessary.
Activities to do in Disneyland
- You can check out the 60-foot Christmas tree in Town Square.
- Don’t skip the 80,000 LED lights of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.
- Cars Land is also worth watching during this time of the year.
- Los Angeles
If you are planning California family vacations during Christmas, add Los Angeles to the list of vacation spots. The Christmas light displays in the city will make you feel happy. You can explore the entire city and enjoy a bright Christmas.
Activities to do in Los Angeles
- Visit the Music Center for a fun concert.
- On weekends explore the LA Dodgers for a fun holiday party.
- Also, Universal Studios Hollywood will take you on a fun ride through Harry Potter.
- Mammoth Lakes
It is a beautiful and surreal place with snow, lakes, and even mountains. While visiting this place during your vacation tours, you explore the summit of Mammoth Mountain. It is at a height of 11,000 feet. There are many laid-back resorts at this spot where you can enjoy spas, shopping, etc.
Activities to do in Mammoth Lakes
- You can watch fireworks on December 18 with live music, kids activities, etc.
- Also, you can enjoy snowboarding and skiing on the slopes.
- You can also take a side trip to Death Valley.
- Pelican Inn
It is an inn on Muir Beach. It is known to be a 16th-century English-style inn. It is a lovely inn, and during Christmas time, it gets sold out easily. The property is luxurious with a nice Christmas experience.
Activities to do in Pelican Inn
- You can dine in at its Tudor Bar.
- Its amenities are relaxing and worth trying.
It is California’s capital and should be on your holiday packages USA. The place is covered with beautiful lights and is covered with snow during Christmas. You can enjoy bars, live performances, holiday markets, and a lot more while visiting Sacramento.
Activities to do in Sacramento
- Try visiting the Theater of Lights.
- Don’t hesitate to participate in the holiday hunt.
Whether you are opting for solo female travel California or with your family, it will treat you to warmth, joy, and amazing Christmas vibes. To sort your travel plans, the above-mentioned vacation spots in California are worthy of your time and money. So, add them to your travel list.