Whether you are a Californian local or a person visiting California during vacations, you don’t want to miss out on its thrilling amusement and theme parks. No matter if it is a kid, parents, teenagers, or old people, everyone loves to visit the best amusement and theme parks when in California. However, a lot of people don’t know that theme parks as well as amusement parks are used interchangeably but hold a slight difference. When it comes to theme parks, they are properly themed but when it comes to amusement parks they are generalized as parks with some attractions, rides, lip-smacking food, etc. No doubt, there are so many options of both of these that you will be spoiled for choice plus you can make the best of the California tours.
The relaxed outdoor adventures, exhilarating fun rides, as well as kiddie rides galore can be the best way to spend a nice time with your friends and family in California. There are many options available when it comes to adding amusement and theme parks to your USA tour packages. But with a lot of different attractions, it can be a daunting task to narrow down the best ones which you can visit with your loved ones. So, to avoid your hardship, we have curated a list of the best amusement as well as theme parks in California that can be visited by both locals as well as people visiting California for a fun holiday.
• Legoland California Resort
You can undoubtedly call Legoland California Resort a kid’s paradise. This amusement park is meant for kids who are fond of Legos and feel thrilled when they see their toys come to life. This place covers 128 acres and has around 60 rides. Most rides can be operated by kids for hands-on experience. Also, kids can enjoy some theme shows set across the resort for them to be entertained fully. The place has amazing treats like fried cinnamon apples etc. to satiate the cravings.
· The Legoland California Resort operates from 10 am to 5 pm from Monday to Friday. On Saturday, the timings are 10 am to 9 pm and on Sunday, it is 10 am to 7 pm.
· The fee of this amusement park is $101 for adults and $93 for kids under the age of 13.
· It is located at One Legoland Dr, California.
• Disneyland Resort
When it comes to the favourite of kids and adults in California, no one beats Disneyland Resort. This is a highly popular theme park for California family vacations. This theme park is known for its thrill-seeking rides, beautiful parades, as well as delicious Disney treats. This spot in California won’t make you feel bored even for a minute. However, there is no doubt about the fact that Disneyland Resort is expensive but at the end of the day you will get to know the complete worth of it. The rides as well as the games offered by this theme park will bring out your naughty and inner playfulness of yours. You can even take pictures with Disney characters or get your Mickey Mouse ears. Plus, the place has many places to stay for travellers and even for locals who wish for early park entrance.
· It is open from 8 am till midnight.
· The ticket prices start from $104 for Disneyland Resort.
· It is located in Anaheim.
• Disney California Adventure Park
You will be able to witness Disney California Adventure Park across the entrance of Disneyland Resort. However, people on California tours often take tickets to both the parks to have a blast. But it is essential to note that California Adventure is more suitable for adults because of the rides. There are many thrilling rides that this place offers like Incredicoaster, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc. Plus, for adults, there are many places at California Adventure that easily serve alcohol as compared to Disneyland. You can also enjoy line-free rides here if you don’t want to wait to have fun rides. California Adventure will offer the best time when in California.
· This place operates from 8 am to 10 pm.
· The ticket for California Adventure costs around $60.
· It is located in Anaheim, California.
• Universal Studios Hollywood
There is no doubt about the fact that people who aren’t lovers of cinema cannot miss visiting Universal Studios Hollywood when in California. You can add this theme park and it can be an amazing California vacation idea. You can simply experience the magic of movies as well as behind the scenes of some amazing Hollywood Studios. Also, visiting this best theme park won’t cost much whether you are a tourist or a local as there are many discounts available online always but only if you do a good search. You can visit this theme park with your entire family and friends, especially during Halloween season as their Universal Horror Night décor is top-notch. While visiting there try their jungle cruise ride, have giant Simpsons Donuts, and a lot more.
· This theme park operates from 10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Thursday and from Friday to Sunday it operates from 9 am to 6 pm.
· The ticket of it starts at $104.
· It is located at 100 Universal city Plaza, California.
• Knott’s Berry Farm
If you are looking for an easy-to-go place for your California tours then Knott’s Berry Farm should be on the priority list. This Southern California’s popular theme park has some thrilling rides as well as games which will make your day. Also, not many people know but Knott’s Berry Farm is America’s first theme park and is more than 100 years old. The wild-west theme with old-time cowboy characters makes it entertaining. Plus, the western-theme makes it even more thrilling. However, when you are at this theme park don’t forget to try Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner eating place for some finger-licking good chicken as well as boysenberry pie.
· The timings of this theme park are 10 am till 6 pm.
· The ticket for Knott’s Berry Farm starts at $69 for adults and $54 for kids.
· It is located at 8039, Beach Blvd, Buena Park, California.
• Knott’s Soak City
Including Knott’s Soak City in your USA tour packages is a must. Also, people living in California love this amusement park. Not only Knott’s Soak City is an amusement park but also a water park where kids and entire families can spend a nice hot Southern California time. However, this amusement park is open only for a few months. Also if you love water rides then this place has all of the essential ones for your complete fun. This can be a perfect option for families with kids who want to enjoy Californian times or simply a weekend getaway in California. Also, there are many food joints to make your tummies happy.
· This amusement park is open seasonally from May to September.
· The ticket for this place is $69 for adults and $54 for kids.
· It is located at 8200 Beach Blvd, Buena Park, California.
• Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk can offer you the best of both worlds. Ideally, this is a beach town with an amusement park. This can help you enjoy sunbathing as well as surfing. Also, this place is considered the biggest in California where you can enjoy funnel cake, get a carnival stuffed animal, and enjoy a roller coaster while enjoying a nice beach day in California. The best thing is that the entrance fee to this place is free of cost. So, you can visit it with your entire family, friends, and even kids without fretting about anything.
· This amusement park operates only on Saturday and Sunday from 12 pm to 7 pm.
· Its entry fee is free of cost.
· The place is located at 400 Beach St. Santa Cruz, California.
• Six Flags Magic Mountain
The Six Flags Magic Mountain is known to be Southern California’s largest theme park. Also, this theme park is meant for thrill seekers as well as adrenaline junkies. The insane roller coasters at this theme park are not meant for people with faint of heart. There are endless opportunities at this park that will allow you get drop hundreds of feet, dangle upside-down, as well as go backwards, etc. Visiting this theme park means facing less crowds as compared to other ones. But during weekends there might be some crowd. In case you are craving adrenaline-pumping rides, then this is the place for you to get your heart racing at high speed.
· This place operates from 10.30 am till 5 pm from Monday to Thursday whereas, for the rest of the day, the timings are different.
· The ticket to this theme park costs around $65 for adults and $60 for kids.
· It is located at 26101 Magic Mountain Pkwy, Valencia, CA, US
• California’s Great America
The Bay Area of California is known to have the best amusement park named California’s Great America. This is located at Santa Clara and is the most exciting amusement park which will keep you and your kids busy. There are many rides that you can enjoy here without feeling any boredom. In case you are in the mood for complete thrill on your California family vacation then don’t forget to try RailBlazer which is a single-track roller coaster or the Grizzly which is a wooden coaster. Moreover, there is a water park which your kids will love.
· This place operates at different times but most of the time it is open from 10 am till 8 pm.
· The daily ticket cost starts from $49.99.
· It is located at Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, California
• Children’s Fairyland
Whenever you are visiting California or even if you are a local, visiting Children’s Fairyland is a must. This is a place where storybooks become real. This is an enhancing place where your kids will love plus their imagination will grow. Children’s Fairyland is best suitable for kids till age 8 years or younger. Also, it features Peter Rabbits Garden, The Alice and Wonderland Tunnel, etc.
· This place operates from 10 am to 4 pm.
· The ticket to Children’s Fairyland starts at $16.
· It is located at Bellevue Ave, Oakland, California
California is a beautiful city which you can include in your USA tour packages. It has a lot of thrilling and entertaining themes as well as amusement parks which can be perfect for both visitors and locals. If you are someone who is looking forward to California tours then the above-mentioned list of theme parks as well as amusement parks should be on your list. Every spot has something unique to offer for your entertainment and thrill. Plus, they operate at different times and have a small entry fee. So, ensure that you thoroughly check everything before making a booking.